"...WildBlue Press, one of the most innovative new publishing ventures in America." - Ron Franscell, Edgar nominated, multiple award-winning author
WildBlue stands out from the crowd for many reasons
We are an exclusive 21st Century publishing company where authors take charge of their careers with our help. We are an A-Z publisher that takes your manuscript through the entire publishing process--editing, book covers, formatting, distribution, marketing, sales and accounting. We combine that with state-of-the-art cutting-edge marketing and promotion research and programs that neither traditional publishers nor other indie publishers can match. We constantly churn through every marketing and advertising channel that makes sense. We throw out what isn't profitable, and we expand on what works, continually, and since the beginning of the company. We charge authors NOTHING upfront. Our very reasonable publishing agreement is simple, transparent and has been reviewed by more than 200 agents, attorneys and serious authors. We pay better royalty percentages than traditional publishers, and competitive, often more superior percentages than other indie publishers--in particular when you take into account all that we do for our authors.
"(WildBlue Press) has risen to an amazing status within the industry as a home for many intriguing crime stories written by journalists, authors and victims." -- Sharlene Martin, President, Martin Literary & Media Management
However, we don't just publish established bestselling authors. WildBlue Press is committed to cultivating new and aspiring as well as bestselling, award-winning, experienced and well-regarded authors above the white noise of the self-publishing world. We submit first-time manuscripts to our market testing focus groups and publishing board before we decide to take them on. Once accepted, we treat all of our authors the same. This includes continual promotions of their work and cultivating a growing audience using state-of-the-art tools that find the one in a million influencer and online properties that can propel your book into the hands of the targeted readers that love it, and will buy more of your books.
With the drawing power of our many established authors in your genre, the result is that our promotional abilities are amplified with a greatly increased presence on the web among targeted readers through cross-pollinating fanbases, as well as search engine optimization (SEO) and other online marketing and advertising techniques and social media avenues. Our large and continually growing list of radio interviewers, podcasters, bloggers and major newspaper, radio and television journalists provide exposure that isn't normally available to independent authors. We update, re-release and market our members' backlist books for which they have regained the publishing rights. Our books do not go out of print, nor are they left to exist in some sort of limbo where they are never heard from again, but instead we continue to promote and find new readers into the future.
The sincerest form of flattery ... some of our competitors have changed their business model to imitate us, but there is only one WildBlue Press
All of our titles are normally published in paperback, eBook and audio book formats. We distribute via Amazon and Ingram to make our authors' work available to individuals, as well as bookstores and libraries, in eBook, print (Trade and Mass Market paperbacks), and audiobook editions. We currently publish in the following genres: true crime, mystery, thriller, sci-fi, horror, history, business. We are expanding into other genres including romance and memoir. We also produce and publish books for individuals and companies who want to professionally produce books for personal distribution to family, friend, employees and associates (if desired, we will also place these books for sale with the general population). In special cases we offer ghost-writing and production services to those with a story to tell but without the ability or time to write the book themselves.
WildBlue Press Founders
WildBlue Press is founded and owned by two friends from Colorado State University:
- Author and journalist Steve Jackson, whose first idea for a book became a New York Times bestseller. That's when he understood that being an author made sense for him. He has since written 35+ books.
- Michael Cordova, president of 21st Century Technologies, Inc. where he has designed custom database software systems for the largest and most innovative companies in the world, and grown client customer sales by 8-fold with his marketing and advertising insight and processes.
What separates WildBlue from traditional, indie and self-publishing avenues?
- Our primary requirement is quality of the end-product. Every step in the process of producing your book is meticulous, and quality controlled. This ensures that your book that we publish is literally the best that it can be. This requires an astute effort on your part. Not every book qualifies, but the best indicator of whether we'll publish your book is whether it is a good story, if others would like to read it, and if your audience is real, established and can be reached by today's online and offline channels.
- We pay multiples of the percentages you'd be paid by any traditional publisher. We are also competitive with indie publishers in particular when you take into account the professional editing, marketing and social media services we offer. This includes continual audience and influencer research that makes a huge difference in growing your audience and sales.
- When you sign as an author with WildBlue Press you pay no out-of-pocket expenses for us to publish and get your book out there into the world. WildBlue royalties paid to our authors are typically 3 - 4 times what traditional publishers would pay you.
- If your profits are in the black within 6 months of being published then you'll be paid your due royalties at that point instead of waiting to be paid typically two years after the date of publication which is typical for a traditional publisher.
- We are established and have our own captive audience. We're looking to add your followers and audience to the mix. It is worth saying that every effort that you provide to promote your book is in your best interest. We will work with you and coach you to maximize exposure for your book.
- We integrate the best of online technologies, analytics, editorial control, better percentages, efficient publication processes and quicker payouts with the best of traditional publishers -- production, distribution and accounting--and then market the heck out of our books, which none of the others do as well as we do.
- You decide what you want to publish and we work with you on a publication date.
- We are leading-edge in that we take advantage of all current online marketing methods, as well as more traditional marketing, advertising and media promotions.
- Our authors are involved in all steps of production including providing book cover design ideas and editing of their work.
If you feel that everything you have read above is what you are looking for in a publishing company, and you will commit to participating significantly in our marketing and promotion efforts, then click this link to download the Publishing Request Form. When you are finished, complete the form below and attach the completed document. If you don't attach this completed doc then your publishing request will be ignored.