“…WildBlue Press, one of the most innovative new publishing ventures in America.” – Ron Franscell, award-winning and bestselling author
What Are We?
WildBlue Press is an exclusive 21st Century publishing company where authors take charge of their careers and finances with our help. We are an A-Z publisher that takes your manuscript through the entire publishing process–editing, book covers, formatting, distribution and accounting–and combines that with a state-of-the-art website and a cutting-edge marketing and promotions program that neither traditional publishers nor other indie publishers can match. We charge our authors NOTHING upfront and split production and initial promotion costs from gross receipts of sales; our publishing agreement is transparent, including capping costs so that our authors know exactly what is happening behind the scenes. We also pay better royalty percentages than traditional publishers, and competitive, often superior percentages to other indie publishers–especially if you take into account all that we do for our authors.
The sincerest form of flattery … some of our competitors have recently changed their business model to imitate us, but there is only one WildBlue Press
However, we don’t just publish anyone who thinks they can write. WildBlue Press was designed to raise bestselling, award-winning, experienced and well-regarded authors above the white noise of the self-publishing world with the occasional “up-and-comer” willing to submit his or her work to our market testing focus groups before we decide to take them on. Once on board, we treat all of our authors the same.
With the drawing power of multiple authors, the result is that our promotional abilities are amplified with a greatly increased presence on the web and among readers through cross-pollinating fanbases, as well as SEO and social media avenues. We will also update, re-release and market our members’ backlist books for which they have regained the publishing rights. Our books do not go out of print, nor are they left to exist in some sort of limbo where they are never heard from again, but instead we continue to promote and find new readers into the future.
We distribute via Amazon and Ingram to make our authors’ work available to individuals, as well as bookstores and libraries, in eBook, print (Trade and Mass Market paperbacks), and audiobook editions. Currently, we are publishing in the following genres: true crime, mystery, thriller, romance, sci-fi/fantasy and business. But we plan to soon expand into other genres, including history and memoir. We also produce and publish “legacy” books for individuals and companies who want to professionally produce books for personal distribution to family, friend, employees and associates (if directed, we will also place these books for sale with the general population). We will soon be offering ghost-writing and production services to those with a story to tell but without the ability or time to do it themselves.
Who Are We?
WildBlue Press is owned by New York Times bestselling author and award-winning journalist Steve Jackson, and by Michael Cordova, an online marketing expert and the president of 21st Century Technologies, Inc. Both are authors of WildBlue Press.
What separates us from traditional, indie and self-publishing avenues?
- We pay multiples of the percentages you’re currently getting paid by any traditional publisher. We are competitive with any other indie publisher and superior if you take into account what we offer in addition to our royalty rates.
- We don’t charge our authors ANYTHING upfront to produce, publish, promote and market their books. Production and initial marketing costs are split between the author and the company and deducted from gross sales receipts. We successfully work to keep these costs down; also, the costs are capped and spelled out in our publishing agreement so there are no hidden fees
- We are an A-Z publisher. We don’t format your unedited manuscript, tell you to go find a book cover designer, send it all off to Amazon and give you a video (if that) on how to market yourself. We do it all, and we’ll do it better than they can.
- We integrate the best of self-publishing–independence, editorial control, better percentages, faster publication and quicker payouts–with the best of traditional publishers–production, distribution and accounting–and then market the heck out of our books, which none of the others do as well as we do.
- You decide what you want to publish and, working with us on a schedule, you decide when to publish your work.
- We insist on quality–from manuscript editing to book covers to who we invite or accept to join us. We’re not here to brag about how many titles we’ve published or how many authors we’ve signed. Our success depends on the success of each and every one of our authors; we intend to grow slowly, so that we do this right.
- Our online methods of increasing sales by testing titles and book covers on focus groups to identify 1 in 5,000 or 1 in 10,000 preferences of participants ensures that we are maximizing reader reactions to our books.
- We take advantage of all current online marketing methods, as well as more traditional marketing, advertising and media promotions.
- We offer bonuses based on sales performance and increased percentages for top sellers.
Get your publishing request form by completing the simple form below: